Suffering from pastel hair color envy?
Want to take a walk on the wild, some would say, punk side?
See yourself as a trendsetter open to sizzling shades or dare I say a riot of color?
Then it sounds like you need some hue cues that can help you show off your daring beauty sense.
Here’s some inspiration and fun ways to embrace that burst of color you seek.
Grab your Manic Panic or Streekers and go to town painting in random streaks of dangerously hot colors from the ears on down.
You’ll find it’s easy to give your mane a trendy bit of edginess that lasts only until your next shampooing.
Yeah, no worries. These products are designed to pretty much instantly wash out so this isn’t something you have to commit to. (However there’s instant and then there’s instant if you know what I mean.) This suggests you can spice up the your mane in an extreme way on a whim even. Then return to your tamer everyday color the next day. Although I’ve been too chicken to try to be honest.
Still who said magenta hair wasn’t main stream? Well, okay you may not see if in corporate boardrooms any time soon. But you may be able to get away with showing off some purple tips or hot pink or lime green highlights.
Pastel Hair Dye Tips
If you are going for more than streaks here’s some things you might want to pay attention too.
- It’s probably best to use a clarifying shampoo to clear things up. These colors are more tint than dye. Too much product build up will dilute the effect. Also Manic Panic is designed to hydrate – some.
- Don’t chintz on the product. The more you apply the more there is for your strands to suck up. You can play around with it until you learn how to get just the right affect.
- Don’t rush things if you want to color to stick around for a while with any intensity. You may find sleeping on it works best. Just use a shower cap or something to protect your pillow case and sheets. Again you’ll want to experiment. Still this stuff will color, likely permanently, whatever it comes in contact with.
- Heat helps the color to take. At least that what the Manic Panic site suggests. Using your blow dryer on your colored locks will help the color to set. These FAQs offer some other helpful tips too.
See? You don’t have to feel hemmed in color-wise as there is a veritable kaleidoscope of colors to choose from.
How To Get Pastel Pixelated Color
If you want more, this video shows you how to approach serious pastel hair coloring, ombre style.
Those that want to take their walk on the wild side seriously can see how it works. Although she does more than color streak her hair. But this sure does deliver an attention getting ombre highlights. You kinda can’t help but like the look. On her.
- Dyes from RAW colors was used. (You can pick them up on Amazon.) These ares said to be long lasting semi and demi-permanent megawatt colors that remain bright and vibrant for a good long while. Like a month or longer in some cases.
- Using a 50/50 mix of dye to conditioner seems to work well. The conditioner helps to keep your hair soft and supple.
- You need to wear a top you can easily get over your head to protect the color and keep it from encroaching on the others.
- You’ll need a bunch of hair ties to achieve this look.
- Use fresh gloves with each new color.
If this is how you’d like to color your world, you can try it on a more temporary basis using wash out tints. But you can easily create a look that appears to be like the characters in the Jetsons or the Flintstones come to life.
Leave a Reply